Bug FAQ

Home Forums Info on Bug Reporting Bug FAQ

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      PK_CM505PK_CM505
      Keymaster

I’ve found a bug, where can I report issues?
      Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues! If you wish to submit a bug directly to the team, please fill out a report by using our bug submission form below. While you won’t get a reply directly from the team, this method will ensure that your bug is seen by them…

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html

Should you wish to speak to speak to someone directly regarding any issues you’re having, please reach out to our dedicated Customer Support team. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer support to everyone here on our community channels. Customer Support team can investigate any issues you may be experiencing…

https://support.505games.com/support/signup

I have a black screen when starting the game, what can I do?
      Sometimes it can take a while until the first logos are shown. This can occur especially when starting the game for the first time or after updating to a new patch. This time is used to create new cache files, so that the next time the game is launched, it will start much faster.
      In this case wait for 1-2 Minutes for the logos.
      When the logos are not appearing after this time please report a bug and attach a DxDiag report and your portal_knights.log.

New issues can be reported here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html

DxDiag.txt files can be easily created by pressing [Win]+[R], typing “dxdiag” in the Run-dialog and pressing [Enter]. Finally click on “Save All Information…”

In order to find mini-dumps or the portal_knights.log you have to navigate to your local game files. Please follow the steps below:
      1. Right-click on Portal Knights in your Steam library
      2. Select “Properties”
      3. Select the “Local Files” tab
      4. Click on the “Browse Local Files” button

When starting Portal Knights I receive an “Unknown Error” from Steam. What does this mean?
      The “Unknown Error” is normally triggered when your version of Windows is not meeting the minimum requirements of the game. Portal Knights does only support Windows 64 bit versions for now. When your are trying to launch the game with a 32 bit Windows or a non-Windows OS this message comes up and you can’t play the game.
      When you are encountering this message and you are already using a 64bit Windows or you are unsure about your system specs please report a bug and attach a DxDiag report.

New issues can be reported here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html

DxDiag.txt files can be easily created by pressing [Win]+[R], typing “dxdiag” in the Run-dialog and pressing [Enter]. Finally click on “Save All Information…”

When starting Portal Knights the game crashes instantly without an error message, what should I do?
      These crashes mostly are related to not- or incorrectly installed Steam Redistributables for the game. When you are encountering such a crash there are 3 things you can do to solve this issue:
      1. Verify your local game files. To do so right-click on Portal Knights in your Steam library -> choose “Properties” -> choose “Local Files” tab -> choose “verify integrity of game cache” and run it.
      2. If the issue still occurs: delete the game, redownload it and start it afterwards.
      3. If the issue still occurs: Install those Redistributable packages manually. You can find them here: …\Steam\SteamApps\common\Portal Knights\_CommonRedist

When the issue is still active after doing all of the steps above please report a bug and attach a DxDiag report and your portal_knights.log.

In order to find mini-dumps or the portal_knights.log you have to navigate to your local game files. Please follow the steps below:
      2. Select “Properties”

I’m receiving an “Error 31”. What should I do?
      If you encounter this error, please report a bug and attach your full save-game

My game crashed and created a mini-dump file. What do I do with it?
      If you have a saved “mini-dump” crash log (in *.zip format), please report a bug and attach the mini-dump.

2. Select “Properties”

My game crashes after a while with an error message but no mini-dump has been created. What should I do?
      Please report a bug and attach the portal_knights.log.

2. Select “Properties”

Portal Knights launches minimized and I can’t see anything but I can hear the music.
      In some rare cases, especially after making changes to the monitor setup (amount of monitors attached to the PC, switching the main and secondary monitor, changing resolutions, etc.), the game may start minimized and can’t be maximized. When you are encountering this problem please do the following steps:
      2. Select “Properties”
      3. Select “Local Files” tab
      5. Find the portal_knights.cfg and delete it
      6. Restart the game

Deleting this file and relaunching the game will reset the graphical settings, enabling the game to auto-detect a correct setup for startup.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by PK_CM505 PK_CM505.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by PK_CM505 PK_CM505.
      Participant

I have attached a video of the bug I have found where the red block creation from shards fails and uses the shards too. Please help me on this. As I would like to play the game to completion, but this is blocking me from moving forward. Thank you.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

I have found 2 things that I would consider being glitches first off would be the switching between first person and third person glitches out and does not always work. Also not to be confused with TNT but the second tier of explosives glitched out on me today I had a stack of 7 in my hand I threw one and the rest of the explosives that were in my action bar disappeared

Participant

I’m having an odd problem. So I have bought 3 coppies of the game, 1 for my bro and the other for a friend. Well for some reason everyone can connect to me and play on my worlds but when I try to connect to them No one shows up in the friends list section.

1. Yes. We have made sure that the host has it set to friends can join.

2. Yes. We are all online on steam.

3. Yes. We all checked our firewalls and we all have it to where Portal Knights can go through on public and Private.

Is there something I’m doing wrong? Is there a port I need to open? Please let me know how to fix this.

Sincerely-
      Gloddox

Participant

i have a very big problem please help !!

1. i downloaded the game today and started it but i have no sound!!
      i reinstalled it, and tryed with a sound card instead of the sound on board but it dont work !! it makes real less fun playing without sound ..

2. everytime i start the game by steam it load directX down but i have direct X 12 on windows 10 like my friend but he have this problem not. and he have that problem with the sound not too. i really need your help.

PK_CM505PK_CM505
      Keymaster

Guys, please report your issues to our Customer Support team. Instructions on how to do that can be seen above. Thanks.

Participant

So today while I was playing with a friend my game crashed and I had to restart my computer, I went back into the game and it had an error screen pop up. When I hit okay it took me to the page to make a new character. My old character was deleted but I still have my world.

Participant

Hi there one issue I currently have is that my game is supposedly up to date It won’t give me any option to update any further but I don’t have the option to turn invert on or off it’s just permanently on.

Attachments:
      Participant

Hi there. I have a big issue, I lost all my game progress.

I have 2hdd on my computer. The games are not in S.O HDD, there are in “Steamlibrary” in another HDD.
      I format my S.O HDD, I sinc up my “steamlibrary” with my steam again because Steam app was on S.O HDD and I losted on the format. I dont have to download the game again because with the sync the game still there.
      The problem is that the progress and the character not appears now (and my world with 50% progress). The information must be there because I don’t need to download the game again. Is there any way to sync up the progress too?
      I have no desire to start from the beginning. 🙁

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Avatar sesar27.
      Participant

i got resolution at 1360×768 but there is not 1 in game for that

Participant

This is my issue, every time I try to load my universe it keeps crashing right before game play.

Participant

Somehow my save file must have been corrupted, as now when I try to load the came I get the error message:
      DATA ERROR
      Load Character Failed
      Error Code: 31
      and then it gives me the path to my character save file

Participant

[BUG] When guest in game attempts to change zone, Game Owner crashes

This happens without fail, easily repeatable.

Windows 10, Up To Date. Steam, Up To Date. Portal Knights, Up To Date.
      Software running that interfaces with game: Forge.GG (Replay Video Recording), and NZXT CAM (System Stats Overlay).

I have not tried running without the external software running.

Participant

Hello
      After the update 2.0 my spell (lightning 4 and rage) don’t work anymore. The spell is cast but no animation and No damage and no buff.

Have a nice day

Participant

Hi Hybrid. Please can you get in touch with our CS team and provide them with some additional info so this can be investigated? You can submit new issues here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form16/index.html

I submitted the issue there simultaneously with my post on the forums.

I will connect with your CS team as well to provide further information.

Participant

crashes every time I teleport to a level

Attachments:
      Participant

Hello I paid the full 20 dollars for this game and I request that my bug is fixed soon. I have played for over 80 hours and I really want to play I can send you my email my order reiept just please. I can’t play the game it is saying that the content file is locked I will not buy another one so If there is no fix I want my money back.

Participant

I paid 25 dollar to fix my bug.maybe my computer is too old.

Participant

I paid 25 dollar to fix my bug.but it is does not working.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more