Character and Classes Suggestions

Home Forums Steam Discussions Character and Classes Suggestions

This topic contains 74 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by Avatar JeffCross November 26, 2017 at 10:15 am.

• Author
    PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Giving the community early access to Portal Knights is key to the future development of the title and of course, we want to hear your thoughts! However… Before you post your ideas into this ‘wish list’ forum, think about it long and hard about it…

DO…
    1. Tell us your ideas but give us as much detail as possible.
    2. Explain to us how it will benefit Portal Knights.
    3. Be realistic! (Asking us to develop an island the size of the USA, to scale, isn’t going to happen – sorry!)

DO NOT…
    1. Be disrespectful of other community member’s ideas.
    2. Expect us to know exactly what you’re talking about. Please be as thorough as possible!
    3. SHOUT AT THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY AND EXPECT US TO LISTEN TO YOU! – Take a deep breath, turn caps lock off and talk to us nicely! We will read all suggestions that come through.

PsyMuppet
    Participant

I would like to see more Hair and Eye color options please, more blues, pinks, purples and reds. Also cat style eyes would be great thanks <3 😀

PsyMuppet
    Participant

Class Suggestion,
    Bestial Berserker, A Melee fighter class who uses power gloves (that looks like animal paws/claws) to beat up all that get on there bad side.
    cloth/leather wearer, uses there agility and strength to get up and close to deliver powerful attacks while dodging enemy attacks then jumps back out when things get to much.
    They have a natural healing ability that lets them heal their wounds when not getting hit.
    They like plants so could have some bonus to plant gathering?

That’s all i can come up with for this class would be nice to see a more fist in face based melee classes 😀

Chickentron
    Participant

Ive been playing for about an hour and a half as a warrior, plus I have been watching gameplay, and I feel that the mage and the ranger have it too easy. They seem to do a quite a lot of damage and can hit from range which allows them to take many enemies without being hit easily. I also encountered an issue while playing as a warrior, it seems the bats dont fly low enough for me to hit them, and every time I would jump on a block so i could hit it, it would either fly away and keep hitting me or just fly above me. Basically, it was really difficult for me to hit it and that was stopping me from moving on through the dungeon. Aside from that I’m really enjoying this game.
    Good job

Chickentron
      Participant

mmm.. never mind it seems there was a bug that would not show many of the craftable items for the warrior. I just reloaded the game and everything showed up. Now it actually feels like the warriors are powerful.

sheeblack
      Participant

Please just take a look at my build and tier list…many People still dont understand how to Deal a Maximum amount of damage

Reddsie
    Participant

I’ve got a few suggestions!

Character Creation
    One has to do with character creation. Of course, more colors and options for hair and eyes would be great. But maybe an added head/chin shape? I can understand that could create problems when it comes to head apparel though.

Classes

My second suggestion has to do with each classes abilities and attributes. Aside from skills and stats, I’d like to suggest more passive attributes that each class could have to further differentiate them from each other. I’m not just talking about their health and attack stats though. I’m talking about overall feel and play style! One way of doing that is modifying dodges. Their dodges could be modified to make it so that Warrior could dodge the fastest and most frequently, while the ranger would not be able to dodge because they already have a safe play style in which they need to keep their distance and zone. An example of how we could do this is by making it like TITANFALL’S class system. There are 3 titans with different armor types. They are all able to boost dodge. But each has a certain number of boost dodges before they need to wait a short moment for it to recharge. The heavy armored titan has one dodge, while the light armored has 3 dodges! This prevents dodge spamming and makes the player think strategically about how to avoid attacks. The dodging system for PK does not have to match that of TITANFALL’s. Simple changes like different startup times for dodges for each class could make all the difference.

Warrior
    In addition to dodges, I’d like to see more abilities added to each class. The Warrior, being the class that relies almost entirely on melee combat, should have more options offensively and defensive capabilities up close. This brings me to the idea of blocking and shields being exclusive for Warriors. Warriors would have a defensive tactic other than the usual dodge(which all three classes can perform) when it comes to close combat. Blocking should, of course, have limits, but can also reward players for properly using it. They could block with a sword(if that is the only weapon equipped) or with a shield. Blocking with a shield would be very basic and just negate damage or only lessen damage if abused by the player. Blocking with a sword could have a mechanic called parrying. Blocking at the right time would allow the character to parry the enemies attack and put the enemy in a temporary “stunned” state in which the player can happily whack away at them and deal some big damage. This is all just a suggestion though, and you can mix it up if you’d like and jumble the ideas in ways that work best for the game. Like making it possible to parry with shields or whatnot. I’d love to see what you guys can do with these ideas.

Ranger
    Of course, the warrior shouldn’t be the only one to receive unique abilities. I’m not entirely sure what the other two classes should have, but I’ve thought of some possible suggestions that you could work off of if you’d like. Rangers should be able to aim or zoom in with their bows. I think this should be an exclusive ability for the ranger. Adding it to the mage might make them a bit imbalanced, but that’s just me talking. Anyway, I’ve noticed rangers can not free aim with their bows and while they can technically shoot arrows without locking on to something, the aiming feels very limited and clunky. Rangers should feel like their aiming and shooting, not rotating a target and firing homing arrows. This is not to say that Rangers shouldn’t be able to lock on to their enemies. When enemies DO come close, locking on is a great mechanic for close combat Rangers, but I’d like to see what Rangers can do without having to always come close to an enemy to deal damage.

Mage
    I haven’t played much of the Mage class yet, but I’ve observed my friend play the class. I can see that it’s meant to be a more strategic class with a glass cannon type of play style. Deals lots of damage but gets punished hard for mistakes. I’d like to focus more on the strategic aspects of the Mage. There’s the usual elemental types of magic that could be more effective on different enemies, like the way Pokemon does it. But we can go deeper! Honestly, I’m still brainstorming the deeper stuff, but I’ve got something to scratch the surface. Mages have no defensive capabilities besides dodging. Having a buff spells would fix that problem right up. Giving Mages the ability to put magic shield around themselves could be the Mage’s way of protecting themselves. There could be different magical shields that are more effective defending against certain attacks. A magic shield for melee attacks, a magic shield for elemental attacks, so on and so forth. Another ability of the mage would be crowd control spells. All classes can only attack one opponent at a time. Mages, being the glass cannon, should be able to deal damage to large groups of enemies. This could be done by giving them special attacks that could have an AoE. Or giving certain lightning attacks the ability to chain to(or even paralyze) other enemies! I feel Mages can be very fun for those who like that kind of diversity in their spells and magic.

Conclusion
    Wow, sorry about the wall of text. These are all just suggestions and you guys are free to use any of the ideas I put forth. I don’t know whether these suggestions would improve gameplay or not, the sole purpose of these suggestions was to further differentiate each of the classes from each other to create a truly different feel each time you play the game as a different class. I’d LOVE to see what you guys come up with when it comes to further developing this game; I’ll be looking forward to it!

Retro_Gamer
    Participant

SKILLTREE CHANGE

So at the moment each character has the same skill tree, well I’m hoping this is only temporary and not permanent so in the events that is permanent please make it so they have different skills, also it’d be nice to see it developed further, like every level is a minor ability, and every 5 levels is a medium ability and every 10 is a major ability.

By doing this you’ll add more diversity to the game!

Retro_Gamer
    Participant

Also for classes, you have the most common three, so probably an easy 4th to implement would an assassin/rogue.

Assassins/rogues are known for their dagger handling and their sneakiness. So they’d be able to dual wield daggers and sneak around blending in with their surroundings!

HeelerKY
    Participant

Also for classes, you have the most common three, so probably an easy 4th to implement would an assassin/rogue.

Assassins/rogues are known for their dagger handling and their sneakiness. So they’d be able to dual wield daggers and sneak around blending in with their surroundings!

x2, would love to see a rogue class with dual wielding

AikunFelcis
    Participant

Hello,

I have a few ideas for new classes:

Class: Rogue/Assassin
    Weapons: dual-wielding daggers (one item), throwing knifes
    Skills:
    -Invisibility: Grants invisibility for 5 seconds, cant be detected by foes. First attack while invisible cancels invisibility, but it’s guaranteed critical hit.
    -Surprise Attack: Can be used while invisible only. Deals “X” Damage and stuns enemy for 2 seconds.
    -Poisoned Knife: Throw poisoned knife at enemy, deals “X” damage over every 2 seconds 6 seconds.

Class: Guardian/Knight
    Weapons: sword & shield (one item), Flail
    Skills:
    -Symbol of Protection: For 10 seconds decrease received damage by 20% + 1% x level of character.
    -Blocking Stance: For 10 seconds there is 20% + 1% x level of character, chance to block an attack. Applied for 4-man squad.
    -Retaliation: Half of damage of next enemy attack is also dealt to enemy.

Cleric/Priest:
    Weapons: Scepter + Book, Staff
    Skills:
    -Grand Healing: Heals you and members of 4-man squad for 20% + 1% x level of character’s health points.
    -Mana Shield: Grant you a mana shield for 10 seconds. Every time you’re hit by enemy, 20% + 1% x level of character of dealt damage is returned as healing, heals you and 4-man squad members.
    (example: at level 30, mob deals 100 dmg to you, then 50% of dealt dmg = 50, so all party members are healed by 50 health points).
    -Holy Fire: Deals “X” damage to enemy and enemy takes damage over time every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

Bard:
    Weapons: Harp (ranged weapon), dual-wielding daggers
    -Battle Chord: For 10 seconds, every time you deal critical hit, restores 5% of mana. Applied to all members of 4-man squad.
    -Lullaby: Slow enemy movement and attack speed for 6 seconds.
    -Mana Wave: Deal “X” damage to the enemy. 20% + 1% x level of character of dealt damage is returned as mana to you and members of 4-man squad. (at lvl 30 enemy dealt 100 dmg = 50 mana points returned to players)

This is just a brief concept of new classes. All numbers and percentage is an example, skills as well. I rarely see Bard/Musician class in games. I hope you will consider adding this class to the game. Cheers.

Chickentron
    Participant

idk if it is just me but i have noticed that the warrior’s weapons dont seem to do much damage. I just crafted the gold cataclysm and it says it deals 166;however, an iron crossbow that says it deals 133 damage does more damage to pretty much every enemy. The damage difference is huge too, the gold cataclysm does 77 while that iron crossbow does 100-110. Could this be a bug? If it is not, it kind of ruins playing as a warrior because why would you get close and personal or craft the awesome looking swords when you can deal more damage from far with a bow.

Minandreas
    Participant

The classes don’t feel different at all right now. I think you should look at giving them a little more signature functionality that makes each class have it’s own special benefits. For examples:

Fighter: As a natural swinger of sharp and pointy things, fighters are good at making the best possible use of all tools as well. They break blocks 20% faster than anyone else, and durability drops 20% more slowly. They also have an extra column of inventory space, due to their strong backs. Fighters would be quite convenient to play indeed with that extra space.

Ranger: Can jump 4 cells high instead of the normal 2, and can make running jumps, allowing them to leap over crevasses others normally couldn’t. They also move 10% faster baseline, without any stats involved. Rangers are all about mobility and being able to navigate the map much more quickly and easily than the others.

Mage: Mages start the game with two handy spells the other two classes can’t use. A light spell that makes it as if they are carrying a torch, even when they aren’t. And a ranged spell that makes a temporary torch-like light source where you pointed. Mages are all about having nifty extra utility. Light is a big part of the game, and being able to control it better than anyone else would feel pretty fun and unique.

AlbertWarhall
    Participant

First of all sorry for my English, I am Spanish and I am using a translator.

Before leaving suggestions, when I tried to listen to women’s voices in the creative these have not sounded; I do not know if it was a blip or a constant bug.

Turning to the suggestions:

In creating character I think I would have to show more differentiation in the appearance of men and women. They are too similar I think. Although types of eyes, hair and mouths are given to not notice the difference just saw them really different.

I think that classes start well. What would really help is that when you reach level 30 (or one that is considered enough but not too far from level 1) class can vary. For example:
    The warrior up to a Knight (which would use a shield and sword or a two-handed broadsword put more typical examples.)
    -Arquero Board a Thief (two daggers) or Explorer (with longbow)
    Magus up to a witch (other than the above using a book equipped.) Or with a Wizard Stick with two hands.

Add more professions in character creation I see it cumbersome and unnecessary. As much to add to a profession Monk fought with hands (gloves, claws, etc …). But put option from the beginning as a warrior, knight, knave, archer, mage … I see separate professions unnecessarily. Much better level rise attach to my point of view.

Moreover, the more different designs of clothes better. It is always appreciated.

Nzae
    Participant

Class Evolution or just more classes

Best way to explain this is with examples:

3 starting classes that we have now: Warrior, Mage, Archer

Evolution tree for Warrior:

Warrior (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Berserker (level 10-20) [Focuses on doing heavy daamge, 2H weapon specialty, big axes, ex]
    Knight (level 10-20) [Focuses on tanking, 1H weapon specailty, shortswords, longswords, ex.]
    Warrior (level 10-20) [Middle of the line between the two, combination of tank/damage]

Mage (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Priest (level 10-20) [Focuses on using divine arts, healing, light magic]
    Battlemage (level 10-20) [Focuses on being able to take damage while casting spells, ex.]
    Mage (level 10-20) [Focuses on using damage dealing spells instead of healing,ex.]

Archer (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Crossbowman (level 10-20) [Focuses on using crossbows, doesn’t move fast, snipes from afar ex.]
    Theif (level 10-20) [Focuses on high agility, moving faster, using knives/throwing weapons, ex.]
    Archer (level 10-20) [Middle of the line, can use both throwing weapons and bows from afar ex.]

OR just more classes from the start, instead of evolution:

Warrior
    Knight
    Archer
    Theif
    Mage
    Battlemage

All starting classes, just add more instead of evolution. Knight and Theif classes are essential I think for a game like this. 🙂

Lemelak
    Participant

After about 10-15 hours of gameplay as a warrior, it’s pretty apparent that Ranger and Mage have massive advantages in their range while the warrior really has nothing to benefit them. Even if the Mage and the Ranger are squishier, that doesn’t matter because nothing ever even hits them. As a Warrior, I use bows more than swords just because they’re so much stronger.

I’d really like to see a change in this, either through:

• Increasing DPS of Warriors to make the added risk worth it
    • Increase range of swords and other melee weapons to give a fighting chance for warriors against flying monsters (in which they cannot even hit)
    • Reduce damage of Mage and Ranger weapons and spells
    • Add damage drop off of weapons, making it so the further away the player is from the mob when they attack, the less damage they do, the closer they are, the more damage they do.

I hope you enjoyed the suggestions! Loving the game so far. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Avatar Lemelak.
    BlueMage
    Participant

First off i’m sorry for my bad english.
    I’m a big fan of fast pace gameplay, so i was thinking, since speed is very important in the game, of a new class that focus on strentgh and health being very versatile and mobile to reach a very different approach in gameplay (allowing a replay value. This class is very rare and i think that it could make the game in a very original way.

Acrobat

Level 2: increase movement speed by 25% (don’t know if this would be bad for the character animation)
    Level 5: (same as other classes)
    Level 5: //
    Level 10: //
    Level 15: 1 more block jump (jump 3 blocks instead of 2), or double jump, but this could be used later on.
    Level 20: Dodge chance: add a 10% dodge change
    Level 20: Stun: add 20% chance of stunning an enemy, or, double the stun durantion time, or, any stun is applicated in AoE.
    Level 25: Kick step: remove the dodgeing animation puting a kick step, like a little jump, similar to the animation of Project Spark, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXOtaLqJ8NY ) 0:39 in vídeo, allowing atack and dodge at same time with half the duration that the roll would have.
    Level 25: Increase movement speed by 35%
    Level 30: Double jump (if not in lv 15)
    Level 30: Icrease movement speed by 40%
    Level 30: climb/wall jump + something else.

His weapons would be a pole, and whip (castlevania fan here), Both with good AoE damage, Pole focusing more on stun capacilities and passives while the whip could imobilese or something in those lines.

Toniopixy
    Participant

Until the actual three classes in game are mode unique and have something that really set them apart, a fourth right now isn’t really needed.

+1 I feel the same way.

And for my suggestion :
    It’s true that the warrior is the only one in close combat so why not give every classes the option to fight in close or distant combat ?
    The Warrior could have javelin and spear to throw.
    The Ranger could have daggers and tonfas for the close combat.
    The Mage could have magic gloves and a stick.

But if your objective is to be free to play as you want, remove the classes and improve a single evolution three and let the player decide what type of gameplay he want without the restriction of a classe.

and please remove the fact that the character have to stay steel when doing an action like fighting or mining it’s frustrating…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Avatar Toniopixy.
    Riddim
    Participant

If you add shields to the game its easy:

Paladin (STR) – Lance/Axe/Mace + Shields?
    Warlock (INT) – Maybe pet/minion system? or curse/poison oriented spells
    Rogue (DEX) – Dagger/Sword + stealth

All class should have different signature spells where you can learn using Altar, the same with skill tree passive skills.

Example:
    You have a Warlock and at level 15 you have to choose between More 20% minion damage or 20% DoT (damage over time) spell damage.

Telitz
    Participant

Hey Portal Kngihts Community!

This is my first post on the Portal Knight’s forum. First, I’d like to say that I really enjoy the game, especially when playing with friends. I have not completely read all of the suggestions, so some of mine may be repeats. I hope you enjoy the feedback, or I hope to spark a creative idea. Thank you in advanced for reading.

=== Character Creation ===
    – The male and female sprites look too similar. It would be nice to see a bigger difference here.
    – It would be fantastic if you added in race(s) (human, elf, orc, so on). Each race would provide specific bonuses for their class.
    – You can go many places further with the detailed customization. Perhaps adding in tattoos too!

=== Skill Tree / Class Specifications ===
    (I understand this is early release, however, the skill tree is very lack-luster and can use a big revamp). It has been said many times already, but the classes resemble each other far too much.

– Create specificed =Jobs= for each class.
    — For example, a warrior can either choose: Knight (able to wear stronger/sturdier armor/shield, with stun abilities), Viking (able to wield a 2handed weapon to its utmost capabilities), Berserker (has the ability to heal himself with weapon attacks, and does extra damage with certain weapons)
    — Instead of the current skill tree, you would replace it with 3 choices for each class. At level 2 you would choose which role you want to become.
    — Create new skills/passives in the skill tree. Each class has their own skills according to their job choice

=== New Classes Idea’s ===
    – Assassin
    – Gunnner
    – Ninja
    – Beast Master

=== Class Jobs ===
    (I gave an example for warrior above, I’ll list the other classes below)
    – Mage: Elementalalist (excels in Fire/Cold/Earth magics), Natura (excels in Nature magic, healing, and new spells), Shadow (new spells)

Ranger Hunter: Ranger (excels at close quarter fighting with quick bow shots and stronger melee abilities), Archer (excels at long-range bowman-ship), Specialist (a bit of a ranger, and an archer, however, you can choose which route to be more proficient at)

– Assassin: Assassin can be a tricky subject in my eyes. The class can go many routes, because an assassin can be deadly with many weapons. Perhaps give him specialties in each aspect (melee weapons, range weapons, throwing weapons, and so on)

– Gunner: Sniper/Marksman (excels at pinpoint accuracy – higher critical chance options), Wild-West (excels at quick movement, and quick shooting), Magik Gunner (excels at adding magical elements to his bullets)

– Ninja: Shadow (excels at tricking the enemy and attacking within the shadows), Nin-jujitsu (excels at using abilities to defeat his enemy), Weapon Master (excels at using all sorts of ninja weapons)

– Beast Master: Another tricky one, however you can create different routes (different pacts with animals). Example: The Cat Master: Cheetah, Leopard, Lion – The Bear Master: Black, Grizzly, Polar – The Bird Master: Eagle, Hawk, Vulture

Again, thank you for reading my suggestions. I didn’t go too far depth into everything, but I gave a general conceptual idea of what I think would make the RPG portion of the game a bit better in my eyes.

Thank you for making such a fun game!

Telitz

Lucas
    Participant

Something that I think it would be easy to implement are shields. Warrior is the most difficult class and I think it would help it, also in groups, they can’t tank if they are dodging all the time and making the mobs run.

I’d love to see another talent tree, more class-specific and it would unlock a new talent at lvl 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and so on, so lvl up would be exciting more often.

These two are the things that I think they could be designed and implemented in a very short time and we all will love A LOT since I’ve reading them in the forums and I also thought about them and I felt like they are needed while playing.

sheeblack
    Participant

Ive already spend toooo much time in playing and analysing this game. Thats why i noticed quite a huge inbalance in Portal Knights:

The Tier List.

1.Warrior ~ 5658 DPS
    2.Ranger ~ 3450 DPS
    3. Mage ~ 3100 DPS

Those i calculated and tested in several final boss runs. My data is absed on 100 runs per class.
    I as my guides show use only mixed armor. I hope some of the game devs take a look at the armor design. For example there is a good variety of warrior builds out there that are capable of finishing the boss easily, but ranger armor doesnt seem to support the aspect of range. The Problem is that there is for example in Assasin armor +Damage (Gloves), but there is no ranged Damage+ in ranger gloves. So there is no good alternative to that. Furthermore, Ranger seems to be strongest with hyperion+muktistrike, but in reality its still way weaker than warrior. Mages dont actually have the chance of getting higher in the tier list, due to their focus on mana. But in the current alpha state there is no need for such big amounts of mana reg and mana+. So i really hope the game devs add some spells with less cooldown ( i mean planetary strike deals like no damage but has 8 secs cooldown), which are for example armor specific, or class specific.

Why do i use mixed armor? Because i try to maximize the potential of each class. For example the guardians scarf gives cit chance, but there is no crit chance stat in warrior armor, so i have to pick up weaker armor from another class to strengthen my character. In the moment the game is not about how much life or mana you have its about ow much dps u can get, due to the fact that mobs are fairly easy to kill and dont have a lot of life.

Maybe u could add different difficulties, but thats another topic^^

Hope u liked my short explanation

Id like to have u in my steam list

Steam name: Armin Spomer

Ceriux
    Participant

please make skills class specific… i dont like that my warrior can use the same spells as a mage..

Patrick8a
    Participant

Hello. First I’d like to say this game is great and I see loads of potential to make it more awesome. Moving on, the biggest problem with the Class system currently is that it doesn’t feel like there’s really a difference. I do like the “idea” of versatility and having anyone be whatever kind of character they want. However to a degree the current system makes me choice of class feel like it doesn’t make a difference. Like my choice didn’t matter. And that’s not good. I don’t really feel like a Warrior who’s also a Marksman and a Mage, I feel like some random character who happens to have an Axe, a slingshot and can shoot lightning from his fingers. While the skill tree and stats are different for each class, the skill tree is very similar across all the classes, especially at early levels. The skill tree should be what really sets you apart from the other classes, not just a few percents here and a few percents there.

While it is nice to mix class armor to get the best variety in stats, it would make a lot more sense if the types of armor were locked to each class. Same for Weapons. But I think there should 4-6 weapons per class. 2-3 ranged and 2-3 melee. That way we can still have diversity in our weapon choice but we’re not all using the same weapons. Also their dodge mechanic should be unique. Warriors could use a shield to block instead of dodge, Rangers roll like normal, and Mages use a Blink/teleporty dodge but at a shorter range than Rangers.

Warriors should use Swords, Axes, and lances for melee, and throw Tomahawks, daggers, and Javelins for ranged. Swords would swing side to side and be more for AoE crowd clearing attacks As well as having the stronger set of shields.
    They would have:
    High Attack Speed
    Medium Crit Chance
    Low Base Damage
    Axes would swing top down at a high angle to help hit the flying enemies and do more to single target. The Axes would be two handed so instead of blocking with a shield they would block with the axe and therefor protect you for less damage than the Sword or Lance Shields.
    They would have:
    High Base Damage
    Medium Attack Speed
    Low Crit Chance
    Lances would attack long range straight forward in a line to hit enemies from a distance. Their shield would be medium quality compared to the Axe or Sword.
    They would have:
    High Crit Chance
    Medium Base Damage
    Low Attack Speed
    Warriors would still need 3 ranged weapons following a similar pattern.
    Tomahawks
    High Base Damage
    Medium Attack Speed
    Low Crit Chance
    Daggers
    High Attack Speed
    Medium Crit Chance
    Low Base Damage
    Javelins
    High Crit Chance
    Medium Base Damage
    Low Attack Speed

Rangers Would still use Bows, Crossbows, and Slingshots like they do now.
    Bow
    High Base Damage
    Medium Attack Speed
    Low Crit Chance
    Slingshot
    High Attack Speed
    Medium Crit Chance
    Low Base Damage
    Crossbow
    High Crit Chance
    Medium Base Damage
    Low Attack Speed
    Honestly I’m not sure what other melee weapons a Ranger would use. Maybe, Dagger, Club, Knuckles
    Dagger
    High Base Damage
    Medium Attack Speed
    Low Crit Chance
    Knuckles
    High Attack Speed
    Medium Crit Chance
    Low Base Damage
    Club
    High Crit Chance
    Medium Base Damage
    Low Attack Speed

Mages for Ranged would use Wands, Staffs, and Tomes. For Melee I like the Scythe, maybe a Mace, or a whip.
    Mace
    High Base Damage
    Medium Attack Speed
    Low Crit Chance
    Whip
    High Attack Speed
    Medium Crit Chance
    Low Base Damage
    Scythe
    High Crit Chance
    Medium Base Damage
    Low Attack Speed

Then of course comes the matter of the skills that everyone can learn. Stop it. It’s kind of nice to know that everyone can be a healer but Warriors and Rangers shouldn’t be allowed to use Fireballs AND Shouts and so forth. Instead of crafting the spells (which is a nice idea just maybe not the best route) maybe the spells can be unlocked on the skill tree and you can put points into them to level them up and diversify them. Sorry for such a tall post. That’s all I’ve got for now.

Mithrarin
    Participant

First off I apologize if this doesn’t fall under this topic, my suggestion (and i’m sure it’s already been suggested) is cosmetic armor/weapons, either cosmetic override slots like in Terraria, or transmog to give the stats of one armor/weapon to the look of another

kurama2015
    Participant

so far i havent seen any unequal advantages to all the characters. they all seem pretty equal. one thing u might try and add in would be like special attacks. after a certain amount of time a gauge fills from attacking or being attacked they unleash a powerful attack or even a special buff. dosent need to flashy but something to separate the classes and make them unique

sheeblack
    Participant

I already Poster a guide about the currently tier list In game…just look at my tipico starten…hope the des can fix this imbalance

sheeblack
    Participant

And there is absolute no need for a ninja class…the warrior can be played as heavy tank/(ninja)bruiser/ or mirange carry…if you want to know more look at my guide or add me on steam

Steam Name : Armin Spomer

sheeblack
    Participant

But i can ver Welle think of a summer class…or maybe something like a jackster…something that is merke but doesnt use old star mechanics like warrior crit – rangen Multi Hit – mage bot hing case it’s currently bot abLe to have full Potential die to too long cooldowns

DarkM
    Participant

Class Evolution or just more classes

Best way to explain this is with examples:

3 starting classes that we have now: Warrior, Mage, Archer

Evolution tree for Warrior:

Warrior (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Berserker (level 10-20) [Focuses on doing heavy daamge, 2H weapon specialty, big axes, ex]
    Knight (level 10-20) [Focuses on tanking, 1H weapon specailty, shortswords, longswords, ex.]
    Warrior (level 10-20) [Middle of the line between the two, combination of tank/damage]

Mage (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Priest (level 10-20) [Focuses on using divine arts, healing, light magic]
    Battlemage (level 10-20) [Focuses on being able to take damage while casting spells, ex.]
    Mage (level 10-20) [Focuses on using damage dealing spells instead of healing,ex.]

Archer (level 1-10) ->
    Class can evolve into:
    Crossbowman (level 10-20) [Focuses on using crossbows, doesn’t move fast, snipes from afar ex.]
    Theif (level 10-20) [Focuses on high agility, moving faster, using knives/throwing weapons, ex.]
    Archer (level 10-20) [Middle of the line, can use both throwing weapons and bows from afar ex.]

OR just more classes from the start, instead of evolution:

Warrior
    Knight
    Archer
    Theif
    Mage
    Battlemage

All starting classes, just add more instead of evolution. Knight and Theif classes are essential I think for a game like this. 🙂

Wolff Laarcen
    Participant

– Character Stats
    It might be useful to have a screen displaying all character stats like crit, crit magnitude, damage, dodge, etc. and clearly listing each attribute’s or piece of gear’s contribution to each stat.

– Class-Specific Spells
    I’d like to see class-specific spells that provided certain buffs like faster attack attack speed, more armor, increased range, etc.

– Appearance/ Cosmetic
    I’d like to see more options for cosmetic appearances. Cosmetic slots, appearance-only items and the ability to wear a piece of gear for stats while displaying another piece.

MrSophisticated
    Participant

So, I’ve been playing Portal Knights for over 7 hours now. I’m playing as a warrior, and I am trying to go for a melee character, rather than a ranged one. It is however becoming quite apparent that melee characters have a huge disadvantage, namely a lot of emeies have ranged attacks, but more importantly, melee characters can’t hit flying units. And there’s a lot of flying units…

So my suggestion would be to make sure the warriors can also hit the flying units, or give them an opportunity or ability to smash flying units to the ground 🙂

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Speaking of Characters and Classes, have you guys checked out our survey yet? It shouldn’t take you more than 5-10 minutes to complete and the results will prove invaluable to us! > https://www.research.net/r/PKCharacterSurvey

HellsX
    Participant

Skimmed through the previous posts and see a lot of the same suggestions which are all mostly good.

I had a thought though, forgive me if someone else has mentioned this but how about we do away with classes?
    Right now they are all similar, they can all use the same gear, they all can do the same magic.

So why not expand the amount of gear, magic, and skills and go with a more freeform character design?

Or if we’re locked to classes then separate them a lot more distinctly. I think a little more challenge is needed overall and having your character choices mean something would be a good way to start.

bbranden
    Participant

Love what you guys have so far. The class and Skill tree do seem fairly vanilla, but that’s expected for an Alpha. Here’s some Class and Skill Tree ideas to consider as you progress:

Classes and Balance
    Each class should have viable melee and ranged option. The skill tree should back up those choices, and allow them to fit into an established role in multiplayer. A DPS Mage should never tank as well as a Sword and Board Knight. However, a special “Battle Mage” build could gain tanking prowess by foregoing Damage potential. Here’s some details:

Warrior Builds

1. Beserker: Focus on Single Target or AOE Melee Damage (Two Handed Weapons)
    2. Knight: Focus on Damage Mitigation/regen (Sword & Board)
    3. Engineer?: (Heavy Armor, Ranged Damage).
    4. Beserker’s are your rage warriors. They wear Heavy armor, but lose the shield so they can hurt stuff more. Knights would be your protype tanks. Their armor should shrug off ranged damage (arrows), shields should block stuff, etc. Warriors shouldn’t be useless against airborne enemies, which is a problem right now. This could be solved though the skill tree, by opening up a ranged damage option. I’m a fan of “Engineer” classes in other games. Engineers shouldn’t out DPS Rangers or Mages at range, but they could make up for it with survive-ability (armor). Engineers could open up some unique weapon choices designed to be paired with Heavy Armor & Strength: Crossbow (long), Shotgun? (Short Range AOE). A reference point would be Torchlight 2’s Engineer, which was really fun to play. Instead of direct ranged damage, perhaps an engineer sticks with Melee hammers, and relies on building Turrets for ranged damage.

Ranger Builds

1. Rogue: Focus on Single Target or AOE Melee Damage (Dual Wield knives/swords)
    2. Marksmen: Focus on Single Target Ranged Damage (Bows/Sniper Rifles?)
    3. Hunter: Focus on Pet and Trap based damage
    4. The Marksmen class should feel Legolas like… Ranged damage with bows. The skill tree variations could tailor this class more toward Rogue like Melee Damage, or possibly even Pet/Trap Damage down the road. “The Hunter” is a class variant I’d love to see. Pets and traps add extra depth to combat, and can be a lot of fun to play… so long as the pet AI is up to snuff. Reference the WoW Beast spec Hunter.

Mage Builds

1. Battle Mage: Focus on Single Target or AOE Melee Damage. They would need a Magic Shield Mechanic for Damage Mitigation (Think a Two Handed Sword inside of a Magic Bubble)
    2. Fire Mage: Focus on Single Target or AOE Damage (Bows)
    3. Ice Mace: Focus on AOE or Debuffs
    4. The Fire Mage would be your glass cannon build. I love the concept of a Melee Wizard (Think Gandalf in LoTR), but it’s rarely done well. A Battle Mage should feel like a Tank, it just relies on a different mechanic for damage mitigation. An Ice Mage would be more of a support class, with slow/immobilize effects at there disposal. Ice Mage’s do have some really cool potential with voxels. I can imagine throwing up a 6×6 voxel based ice wall that blocks enemies.

There’s a few more ideas for the tiller. Best of luck to you guys.

– Brian

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Avatar bbranden.
    ForuMancer
    Participant

ive looked through some of the class section, and i admit i dont know a ton about this game in general because my computer is out of commission so i can’t download it. i think the classes should continue to be unlimited by what gear or magic they can use as class locking things to me just seems like a unnecessary and at times frustrating feature, and being able to at least dabble in other things is imo just a nice feature to have. the main thing i want though is a stealth class where as i don’t normally play them one of my best friends dose. there are many ways you could go with classes and skill trees but i suggest keeping the classes expanding the skill trees and having options to dable in other classes and if your thinking of adding sub classes i suggest taking those sub class ideas and combining them maybe if theres multiple choices per sub per level/4 sub classes worth of skills separate it by one movement to the side/ column per level which would represent a shift in focus and i would appreciate little specific occasional side skills specific to a tree skill you where on in the previous level as a choice to have little specializations outside of the normal class range if you go with something like this. the ideas for the systems are only light suggestions but the ideas behind that i feel are somewhat more important still not my main points though. my main point other than a sneaky class i would like infinite leveling as well as preferably infinity progress able other things PS. i hope this got the creative juices flowing 🙂 and i wish you and the game the best

Kilthunox
    Participant

I would really like to see in depth class skill trees. What I love about Portal Knights is crafting your character and adventure. Skill trees would add an essential RPG feel to the game.

I’m confident that you amazing developers will come up with better ideas but for the sake of being thorough here’s my best example:
    ———————————————
    Mage skill trees:

Elemental: Focusing on Fire/frost/earth/air spells. Applying area damage and damage over time with fire, slowing and enemies with frost, buffing themselves and allies with earth, and doing crowd controlling blinds and knock backs with air.

Cleric: Healer type game play. buffs allies, Heals, takes debuffs off. Maybe even mind control some mobs! 😀

Necromancer: Kills enemies then uses their corpse to create pets. or explodes corpses for aoe damage. lots of amazing mechanics with corpses!

Druid: A jack of all trades nature magician. Roots enemies, healing, and the ability to morph into animals or spirits to become melee fighters.
    ——————————————-
    Ranger skill trees:

Marksman: Everything is based around long range damage. Needs some sort of snipe skill with increased range.

Survival: Uses traps, poison arrows, and stealth.

Beast Master: Has a pet and uses skills to support pet in combat.

Acrobat: Dodges more, jumps higher, and uses stealth.

———————————————–

Warrior skill trees:

Barbarian: Duel wields 2-handed weapons and runs off of adrenaline.

Knight: Uses a sword and shield, relies on being more defensive uses taunts and stuns to control mobs.

Swashbuckler: Single weapon warrior who relies on combos for gaining attack speed.

Warlord: Uses stances and shouts to buff self and allies for a tactical advantage.

————————————————————————————————–

Thank you for listening!

Latarna
    Participant

Hey, I’ve played portal knights quite a bit now and im very pleased with the amount of work that has been put into the game. Recently I have been thinking that maybe a few more classes could be added at some point. But because i’m not that imaginative i cant really think of any except one which is an Assassin. I think that if you were to add an assassin in it should have a weapon class of dual-wield blades (that count as one item). I dont think this class should be very strong but if it were to have faster movement (bit quicker then ranger) and average damage then it would be really cool. The armor that you could make for it i havent really thought about cus my imagination is poop xD but the skill tree i think for the first trait should be an ability that boosts your strength for 10 seconds or something like that. Well thats all i have really thought about but if you have read this then thank you :3

Adios ;D
    ~Latarna~

Egdod
    Participant

The Mage in this game seems like a “magic archer”. The spell cool downs are too long so mages mostly just spam their wand/staff. Attacking primarily with spells is the point and attraction of a magic class, but the cost and cool down are so high the staff/wand is the go-to option. These attacks should be reserved for mana short conditions, not the primary attack method. Right now I open with an offensive spell, blast away with my staff until my cool down is back, and if I am lucky I get a chance to use one more spell before my level appropriate target is dead. Usually it succumbs to the staff hits. Fix: Make ranged/melee weapons off limits to a magic user (unless you establish a magic branch like battlemage with its own restrictions) greatly reduce the cost/cool downs of spells, or don’t have global spell cool downs, and nerf the staff damage. If you let me cast more spells more often, my Mage will be more fun to play, and I won’t be a magic archer just shooting fire out of my stick shaped bow. And my buddy the archer and warrior should not be able to use my spells, or at least not as effectively. I spent years in magic school learning these tricks and it’s annoying to watch the big dumb guy with a sword steal my press. Seriously, I realize mages get a spell power mana advantage over warrior/archer but it’s not enough to make a difference. Plus I’m sure my warrior buddy gets annoyed when I wear plate armor too. 😜

Anonymous

Weapon Drops, i want more of a reason to explore dungeons, finding “current level metal” Blocks in chests is not worth it for me, i’d rather just keep mining for weapon upgrades, on a side note, maybe add an accessory slot for bonus perks? like movement speed, or jump height, This game needs more variety, to cope with the rising grind.

CacheL1
    Participant

My suggestions.

1. Remove spells global cooldown and change to a cooldown for each one.
    2. Increase mana/mana regen in Altar armors. For mages the armors with Mana are not useful. Currently the staff/wand auto atack with critical chance / critical dmg armor is way more rewarding.
    2.1 This would address one problem with the spells, currently the only useful spell is heal. The other ones spend too much mana and having to click two buttons (one for the spell and another for mana potion) fells like we’re losing DPS over auto atack.
    3. Add appearance gear, os split between appearence and stats armor. (For a first release, I think it would be easier to add another section on character for a new set of equipments.)

I hope that you find my suggestions intersting. I’m looking forward to help you make your game a little better. 🙂

RavenousPanda
    Participant

I think many people have already mentioned the whole talent tree thing,it really does need to be diversified because ultimately no matter what class you choose you’ll end up with almost the exact same talents.

Specific Character Suggestions

Rangers:
    -Need more ranger specific spells.
    ♦Volley: Rain a barrage of arrows at targeted location over lets say, 3 seconds (this action locks you so you can’t move during cast)
    ♦Power Shot: Increases damage with bows by 30% for 10 seconds, reduces attack speed by 30%
    ♦Crippling Arrow: Fires an arrow that does 75% ranged damage (weapon+agility bonus) and slows the target by 40% for 3 seconds.

Warrior:
    -Warriors in their current state don’t feel very, well, warrior like. They just feel like a regular melee class with lots of health. They should be able to pull aggro off the other classes (let’s keep our buddies safe!)
    -Armor:
    ♦Possibly add a taunt passive to an armor piece.
    •Irrefutable: Consecutive hits on an enemy cause them to attack you.
    ♦Having lots of armor is great! But having more is better!
    •Iron Will: 5% chance on being hit to increase armor by 25% for 5 seconds.
    -Skill wise warriors also feel pretty left out.
    ♦Merciless Swing: Unleashes a powerful attack, damaging all enemies directly in front of the warrior, %5 chance to knock enemies back.
    ♦Final Blow: Swings your weapon downward dealing %150 melee damage (weapon+strength bonus), if this attack kills the enemy, it restores 150 health to the warrior.

Mage:
    -Mages are currently pretty well rounded I suppose. They have gear that gives them mana, their weapons do plenty of damage and their spells hurt, but one thing I would love on them is one powerful spell.
    ♦Spiritual Overload: Your next spell does 25% more damage and it’s cooldown is removed for 5 seconds, consecutive casts during this time increase mana cost by 25%.

New Class: Priest/Cleric
    -As is there really is no set support class and perhaps it’s not really needed yet but as the game progresses and more content is added I feel every class will begin to to fulfill a certain role. The other classes may not have enough mana to cast their own buffs or heals during fights. So a dedicated healer/support class would be great!
    -Skills:
    ♦Spark of Eternity: (buff) increases strength, agility and intelligence of nearby allies by 10% for 2 minutes.
    ♦Holy Bolt: Fires a bolt of light at the enemy, allies near the target are healed for 5% of damage dealt. +20% damage to undead.
    ♦Judgement: Calls forth a bolt of lightning onto an enemy, dealing 125% damage (weapon+intelligence) and stunning the target and all nearby enemies for 2 seconds. +20% damage to undead.

General Suggestions:
    -Please remove the auto lock on or at least make it so we can toggle it on or off. I hate locking onto an enemy every time I attack it. Sometimes I just wanna shoot/hit stuff and not have the camera locked onto it.
    -Add a dodge/roll outside of being locked onto a target. The shift key doesn’t seems to be used for anything so it could be bound there. This one goes in part with the point above. We should be able to choose whether or not to be locked onto a target or not and be able to dodge and roll whether we’re locked on or not.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Avatar RavenousPanda.
    _gq_
    Participant

In advance I want to ask forgiveness for my English as I am writing through translator

I would like to see in each class a unique object
    Wars – shield
    Archer – dagger
    Mage – book
    And so that these items had a slot in your inventory.

BK
    Participant

When you added the decorated stuff like the pharaon helmet, i was thinking “What if they add this kind of decoration for weapons ?”. Can you tell me if that’s possible for this game ?
    Recently, i’ve got an other idea : the mage have actually 1 element per level (titanium, gold …) but with the system of efficacity between elements, one thing could be done : have 1 to 3 recipes per element for all levels (or for the crystal). I don’t know if warriors and rangers do have a recipe for an elemental weapon for them, but can you add this if they aren’t in game, please ?

math368
    Participant

hello then I’d added talent tree passive talents for which buff class talent bonus passive ability comum talent tree that already exsite for compétance for mined or crafté and for talented abre to active capacity the archer pourais of inflamed arrow shoots 3 arrow at the same time full of things like his
    would be cool to do to change the class that own fate each class.

math368
    Participant

hello then I’d added talent tree passive talents for which buff class talent bonus passive ability comum talent tree that already exsite for compétance for mined or crafté and for talented abre to active capacity the archer pourais of inflamed arrow shoots 3 arrow at the same time full of things like his
    would be cool to do to change the class that own fate each class

KingXaldin
    Participant

Hello this is my first time posting on here put my friend just bought me this game and I gotta say I love it.. But that being said I have had ideas for possible classes

The First class would be some sort of class similar to the warrior class the only difference would be that any 1Handed weapons the class equips are turned into a duel Wield Weapons. What I mean by this is lets say you start with the wooden sword well you’d have one sword on your hotbar but your character would be duel wielding them.

The Second Class would revolt about using pets for fighting or maybe even summoning pets to fight.
    For example you could summon a troll to fight along side you as an ally

Mion
    Participant

dont know if suggested yet above (tl;dr xD)
    allow ppl to change their characters name and modify their looks (hair , face etc)
    would be a nice touch , for those who want some new look but dont wanna remake a character~

Kayli Moon
    Participant

I have multiple suggestions actually:
    1. Ability to hide capes
    We can hide hats/helms, and capes should be toggle-able as well. They can be ugly with some vanity outfits. Not much else to say about this – it’s simple and self-explanatory.

2.Class Hybrids
    Class Hybrids have been a thing for a long time since the start of Portal Knights, and has been apparent in the Talents that you can choose for boosts, as well as the weapon choices for each class. It’s pretty neat, and unique in my opinion.
    Since the RPG-style Attribute Update, I’ve been in love with my Warrior/Mage hybrid (that I named Spell-Knight), getting in close and personal with Scythes and Swords, and blasting enemies from multiple ranges with Fire and Lightning. I can’t get enough of it.
    My suggestion, however is perhaps some gear/abilities or something towards helping with hybrids. Maybe some achievements as well, I’d love to get an achievement for using creative strategies with the different classes.
    Maybe items that boost healing, like a Holy Book, for supporting players, that deals Holy damage, but boosts the Heal spells’ power or reduces their cooldowns.
    3. Dual-wielding
    Ah yes, the thing people ask for in every game absent of it: the ability to use 2 items at once.
    Simple suggestion, but limits should be placed obviously.
    Example: Scythes are pretty large weapons and would obviously (though not animated to show in PK) be two-handed. Bows and Crossbows seem the same way, but what about Wands, Orbs, Swords, Daggers/Knives, Maces, Fists, and Throwing items?
    This could even open up loads of new weapons to create, like Pistols, Pistol Crossbows, Shields/Wards, etc. It could even open up new makeshift classes, like Knights/Guardians (Shield tanks), or even full rogues with dual Swords/Daggers or Throwables. This could bring so much more customization to the character building process, making the slogan “Forge your hero” more of a reality and true to what it says. I love this idea most. It’ll take a lot of re-balancing, but I have an idea for how it could work:
    -Whatever is equipped in the off-hand slot as a weapon, will be half the power of what it would be in the main-hand.
    -Having anything in the main-hand turns your right-click to function that item.
    So example: main-hand is left-click, off-hand is right click.
    A Sword in the main-hand and a block in off-hand – Sword will swing with left-click and a block will place with right-click.
    The same works with weapons, except if you have two Swords, Right-click will swing the off-hand.
    I’m sure this could open up some neat combo-style attack patterns as well. Sounds cool right? =D
    -Shields can only be equipped in off-hand, obviously. They would be used to block, but not indefinitely. Each hit it takes would take durability, and consecutive hits over short amounts of time would drain more durability for each hit.
    This can also help tie in with hybrids, allowing the use of multiple class-intended weapons at once.
    Example: a Sword could be used with say a Pistol, Pistol Crossbow or a Throwing weapon on a Warrior, making it more viable at various distances.

4. Enchanting
    The ability to bolster your gear with various incantations, enchantments, and charms, giving them abilities, boosts, and as such to make items unique and useful in various ways. I’ve thought of a number of enchantments that could be useful for various situations, but I don’t think I’d be able to list every single one in full detail now.
    Some examples though would be cooldown reduction for Spells that you could put in pieces of armor, or damage boosts against certain types of enemies. We could even add Elements to some, like adding Nature damage to a sword that never had it before, or we could add boosts to certain Dpells like the Heal Dpells (can anyone see a possible Cleric fan-made class forming from this, or a Templar-style Paladin? I can!)
    It may even be possible to find (albeit rarely) enchanted gear from certain bosses, monsters, or treasure loot tables in chests. This would open up another unique way to customize your hero.

5. Character Customization expansion
    This is more of a thing for my personal preference, and it’s a double suggestion:
    A. I’d like to see more customization options for character creation that allows for better looking hair/face options, more notably hairstyles. I really can only find one hairstyle I like on the selection, and it really isn’t my style at all. I’d like to see more longer hair styles, more mouth-shapes, and more customize-able options for the facial features.
    B. I’d also like to be able to have a way to change these features in-game. I know it’s not a giant important feature to have, but not everyone likes to stay in 1 character design, and just like real life, people like to change their looks often and try new styles. I propose an item or piece of furniture that can allow us to change our hairstyle and facial features by using it. Either a consumable “ticket item” that we can craft/find or a furniture item, like a dresser/mirror, that allows us to use it infinitely. Either way works, as long as it’s not hard to get like end/late game.

Okay those are all the suggestions I have for now, I reaaaally hope these can be seen and I hope they aren’t really a ton to ask, or at least some of them. Thanks for reading! ^-^

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Avatar Kayli Moon.
    Dubhlainn
    Participant

Regarding the Ranger Class:

The bow is actually being held in the wrong hand. The bow should be held in the left hand.

Thanks!

Ragniv
    Participant

it´ll be cool if you could add an assassin to the classes 🙂

keiku
    Participant

Allow the helmet and cape pieces to be made invisible (while still providing their attributes). I’ve never been a fan of capes, but I want the attribute benefits they offer. The same goes for helmets. Some amount of effort was spent on different hairstyles, colors, etc. but they’re almost immediately lost when you put on your first helmet. 🙁

Cheers

AnUnendingCycle
    Participant

I’d like to start out by thanking you for creating this game. It has the potential to even beat Terraria with enough content and imagination.

-Spells and pets should be consumable. Spells tied to character, pets to account.
    -Pet and Spell UIs added to game
    -Right mouse button to use another attack/button. Perhaps even spells. Middle scroll mouse button can be used to cycle through item bar. Small UI appears to show the spell selected and where you are on the spell list (that you may have customised). VERY similar to how the L button functions for selecting items on the fly in Monster Hunter.
    -OR middle scroll button used to scroll through spells. Right click to use spell. Adds a ton of dimension to combat, provided that spells become useful to classes besides Mage in some way.
    -OR middle scroll button to select spell, middle scroll button click to use spell. 3 buttons on the mouse dedicated to combat functions
    -OR allow buttons to be remapped entirely for people with even more mouse buttons.
    -Very few people prefer to be locked into classes. Have the option to take a secondary at a later level, and perhaps even a third later on. Hybrids are cool and prevent people from getting bored with their playstyle, and adds further depth for future developments.
    -Bosses are too easy, and their loot table too shallow. I was able to obliterate the hard mode bosses solo with very little effort. The idea was supposedly to create bosses that needed to be taken on by a team of highly-geared people. I’m sorry, but that didn’t pan out properly.
    -Levels are also too easy. I didn’t feel like I earned much of what I got.
    -Perhaps add events tied to time of day in-game. A lot can be done with the Hollow Knights that show at night.
    -Random events are good, but very similar and don’t appear very often. They are also very easy. I loved how events in Terraria would be world-wide, depending on altitude, and would be VERY threatening, but highly rewarding, with many rewards, a unique set of drop tables each with rare items, and a boss that would also be difficult IF you made it far enough. Slap a timer on that bad boy.
    -You’ve got portals, use em. Invasion events where portals open everywhere and it’s your job to find them and shut them down. Rare enemies, strong ones, very threatening. Major portals that drop a world boss or so. Doesn’t even necessarily need a unique set of items, just drop decent amounts of otherwise incredibly tedious/hard to farm materials that are generally highly coveted.
    -PLEASE LET US USE ITEMS FROM INVENTORY THIS IS SO PAINFUL HAVING TO HOTBAR EVERYTHING
    -MAKE RESOURCE SCANNER A TOGGLABLE ITEM. Having to switch between the scanner and the pickaxe and back is a tremendous chore.
    -Or EVEN do what Terraria did which was massively fun AND practical. Make certain items mergable. Merging combines their abilities. If you want to really do things different than Terraria, then allow certain items to be consumed to add a skill from that item onto your item of choice. A resource scanning pickaxe would be choice. Of course, make us EARN the right to make something so useful. Put it behind a challenge barrier. Which brings me to my next point:
    -All quality of life things in these games should have to be earned. If something is tedious, you can make a challenge barrier to either make it less tedious or eliminate the need for it altogether. Perhaps make a massive challenge that unlocks the ability to buy titanium. It’s clear you guys can make bosses. Just make them tougher. (Removing patterns is a start). Don’t be afraid to make your players work for their stuff.
    -Allow us the ability to create housing for the vendors we find to bring them to our homeworld so we don’t have to seek them out every time we want something. Also gives us something more to do. We can make homes for NPCs.

Bones
    Participant

I do not believe this game actually needs more classes, however I wouldnt mind if the existing classes could Branch out at level 30. The Class Branch mechanic would add a very nice replay and quality of life to the game, with more build variations.

Take for example the Ranger. At 30, the Class could Branch off and you could Choose say, The Rouge or The Trapper.
    I choose these for examples because the Ranger is able to use Daggers and Swords but has no Traits really associated with them very heavily. Most benefit the Range style, which I completely understand and makes it very unique from say The Warrior.
    I bring up a Trapper as well because there are Ice Mine spells, and Grenades, which I do not see anyone I play with every mess with. (We started a Steam Community with 150+ Members!, and I’ve played over 100 Hours, I love this game! Just so much to be added still as the game is young, and I’d love to see it go in the most fantastic direction possible!) The Trapper would be a lovely addition to the Ranger class, because it would reward the Patient and well Timed play style, which is only really rewarded with Sentry Stance, and Sharp Eye.

Mages could Branch off into several different things, but for a quick example I would have to say a Cleric/Priest type class. Which would boast Holy Magics, and Wide Area Healing, which could benefit Team Compositions and allow the game to develop even more Tough Content for players to try and hopefully succeed with enough skill.
    The other Branch could head in many directions… A Wizard could be a master of Damaging Effects.. Or a Warlock/Necromancer could be added for more of a life stealing/ self sustaining, Poisoning, Damage over time style play.

As for the Warriors, I would have to say branching them into a Brawler or a Guardian style class would be very beneficial to the game.
    A Brawler would Focus on Fist weapons for example. Attacking fast to rack up the Damage it can do, and dashing between enemies, making quick work of any foe.
    The Guardian would be a more support style, maybe introducing a sort of Provoke Shout mechanic, helping your party survive Hard Boss encounters by distracting Mobs.

——

Current class balances I’d like to see?
    Warriors need more shout support. Perhaps Gear that can reset Shout Cool Down.
    Warrior’s also need Shields. The Titanium Cleaver or Fist is better than the Crystal Swords in most encounters.. Perhaps a Shield could balance the play between them.
    Ranger’s sentry stance, I really believe perhaps a 2 second reduction on its activation would be very kind. Even at a slight Damage Reduction from the skill itself.
    Mage are almost forced to run with the Titanium Wand, and spam Poison Rain II with Spell Cool Down to be most effective. I would say, Reward Staff play more. Maybe Spell Damage shouldnt scale with Weapon Attributes (ie Crit Damage). Make the existing Spells more rewarding. Less Cool Downs on other spells. Maybe Slightly Less Mana, or better potion resets. They have to severally kill their damage potential in order to reliably get their mana pool replenished.

—————

Thank you for listening. If you’d like to talk with me more, I would love to chat.
    I have all characters Level 30, and have solo’ed every Hard Mode boss with each class. ^^

KaosChaos
    Participant

Recipes….Think you guys can use a whole lot more recipes :p
    Just stuff to help out with some build like a full set of aggressor mixed with wispful. possibly have an added bonus of a wisp +1 like you have with additional hits for multi strike.
    The weapons seem wide ranged enough but what is lacking is the spells. the spells are very few and could add more of a variety. Could have one that summons a companion to help fight you, could be based off of the pet you have :P. It would be cool too if you could combine spells like the lightning zap and fireball, or ice mine and poison rain, creating a dual element or a new spell with the same effect as the one being combines. Line Ice mine and poison rain combined to create Hail :p.

Appearances will always be a thing…I guess a simple cool solution would be adding ways to create dyes for armor to be changed color :).
    Could also add in a slot in armor or create a new station for jewels to be made and added to armor to get different kinds of buffs to them. nothing big like extra health, or movement, or mana. Something that helps the secondary stat focus of the characters a bit.
    more weapons would be cool and you could add int he jewels to make the weapon have an elemental damage type. only thing then instead of creating/modeling a new weapon would be making an aura to show the magic power behind it. it would use the refined jewels that are already in place, and it would leave room to make more for the future.

In terms of the overall game…I guess more bosses and events.
    I would love to see an event that makes people join the same world in order to complete it. LIke a once a month thing where you have to farm for the event portal shards, and make the portal to go to the event or something 🙂

TobixTabby
    Participant

Hey Portal Kngihts Community!

This is my first post on the Portal Knight’s forum. First, I’d like to say that I really enjoy the game, especially when playing with friends. I have not completely read all of the suggestions, so some of mine may be repeats. I hope you enjoy the feedback, or I hope to spark a creative idea. Thank you in advanced for reading.

=== Character Creation ===
    – The male and female sprites look too similar. It would be nice to see a bigger difference here.
    – It would be fantastic if you added in race(s) (human, elf, orc, so on). Each race would provide specific bonuses for their class.
    – You can go many places further with the detailed customization. Perhaps adding in tattoos too!

=== Skill Tree / Class Specifications ===
    (I understand this is early release, however, the skill tree is very lack-luster and can use a big revamp). It has been said many times already, but the classes resemble each other far too much.

– Create specificed =Jobs= for each class.
    — For example, a warrior can either choose: Knight (able to wear stronger/sturdier armor/shield, with stun abilities), Viking (able to wield a 2handed weapon to its utmost capabilities), Berserker (has the ability to heal himself with weapon attacks, and does extra damage with certain weapons)
    — Instead of the current skill tree, you would replace it with 3 choices for each class. At level 2 you would choose which role you want to become.
    — Create new skills/passives in the skill tree. Each class has their own skills according to their job choice

=== New Classes Idea’s ===
    – Assassin
    – Gunnner
    – Ninja
    – Beast Master

=== Class Jobs ===
    (I gave an example for warrior above, I’ll list the other classes below)
    – Mage: Elementalalist (excels in Fire/Cold/Earth magics), Natura (excels in Nature magic, healing, and new spells), Shadow (new spells)

Ranger Hunter: Ranger (excels at close quarter fighting with quick bow shots and stronger melee abilities), Archer (excels at long-range bowman-ship), Specialist (a bit of a ranger, and an archer, however, you can choose which route to be more proficient at)

– Assassin: Assassin can be a tricky subject in my eyes. The class can go many routes, because an assassin can be deadly with many weapons. Perhaps give him specialties in each aspect (melee weapons, range weapons, throwing weapons, and so on)

– Gunner: Sniper/Marksman (excels at pinpoint accuracy – higher critical chance options), Wild-West (excels at quick movement, and quick shooting), Magik Gunner (excels at adding magical elements to his bullets)

– Ninja: Shadow (excels at tricking the enemy and attacking within the shadows), Nin-jujitsu (excels at using abilities to defeat his enemy), Weapon Master (excels at using all sorts of ninja weapons)

– Beast Master: Another tricky one, however you can create different routes (different pacts with animals). Example: The Cat Master: Cheetah, Leopard, Lion – The Bear Master: Black, Grizzly, Polar – The Bird Master: Eagle, Hawk, Vulture

Again, thank you for reading my suggestions. I didn’t go too far depth into everything, but I gave a general conceptual idea of what I think would make the RPG portion of the game a bit better in my eyes.

Thank you for making such a fun game!

Telitz

I like your ideas for classes it would be pretty neat if the mage had a necromancer specialization or necromancer could be a new class.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Avatar TobixTabby.
    Morrg
    Participant

Artificer – Gadgets kinda class that can buff, heal, build stuff

Bard – Can enchant creatures to fight each other or classify some creatures and with a few arcane spells.

Necromancer – resurrect dead monsters for a limited amount of time with some plague types of abilities. This class would also be a melee caster who could transform into a monster for a brief amount of time to buff their melee attacks or a lich or something to boost their casting.

Alan19
    Participant

Excelente juego!!! paso horas jugando sin cansarme 😀 aunque sí me gustaría pedir un par de cosaa, sería grandioso que se pueda editar la apariencia del personaje después de crearlo, a veces me dan ganas que mi personaje se vea furioso, otras veces feliz.

También me gustaría que crearan maniquíes para exhibir las armaduras que ya no se usan, está bien que las armaduras mas avanzadas son mejores, pero uno se encariña con algunas de las primeras, además que quedarían de lujo en los castillos que he creado.

Ojalá que tengan estas observaciones en cuenta, sería Genial!!! Gracias!!! 😀

—-

Excellent game!!! I spend hours playing without tiring: D although I would like to ask a couple of things, it would be great if you can edit the appearance of the character after creating it, sometimes I want my character to look furious, other times happy.

I would also like them to create mannequins to display the armor that is no longer used, it is well that the most advanced armor is better, but one is fond of some of the first, and would be luxurious in the castles I have created.

I hope you have these comments in mind, it would be great !!! Thank you!!! : D

compscinerd
    Participant

Hello,

I would really like to see a dedicated healer class. If it had some CC or Buff / Debuff might be nice and flesh it out, make it more fun. I have seen a lot of couples play RP games together as a team and one of the main class pairings seems to be a person with of class and the other as a healer. It is a lot of fun and makes for good team work as well.

If I could suggest two things.. A Cleric class would fit this nicely, but I would make the Cleric Class’s lore / background as generic as possible for Role Players to be able to make up their own for their own character that would be more interesting.

And two, for Role Players, it would be nice to be able to left click (for example) on a player’s character and read their character’s background. Why? I have seen this in one other game. It lets people that care about RP to click on a character and read up on them quickly (many of them are quite creative) without having the character having to stop and explain their background to every new person they meet. They can just jump right in and RP from the point they are at in the game / group / guild. People that don’t care about RPing can happily do nothing or read a potentially clever background story. All it would take is adding another tab in the charter GUI so the user can type in text. More fun.

Just some thoughts. Thanks.

JeffCross
    Participant

I know I am very late to this discussion and I know you have been asked before… I would love to buy the game but the only thing that is stopping me is the classes… there are only three and none are my favorite class, rogue or assassin is missing from the roster… I love playing a dual wielding rouge but sadly there are none in this game. personally, I think there are hundreds or even thousands of potential players if there were more classes.

I was so excited to play this on the nintendo switch but because of the limited classes, I will wait to buy the game. I will buy it once you have a dual wielding rogue or something close. thank you.

Melzar
    Participant

Hey 🙂

I wanted to ask if new classes are planned 🙂 I might even have a cool idea I think a ninja would be pretty cool . Great Game, Keep it up! 🙂

(sorry for bad english)

nothing is stronger than the natural!!

Dodgecole1
    Participant

i would love more classes, but there arnt really any classes already, the only thing that defines you to a class is what gear and weapons you use, there are a few talents for each class thats helps a little, and you get more in your main stat per lvl, but not enough to justify it. im a 30 mage, and can just wear ranger or warrior armor and still destroy bosses and mobs easily.
    They need to add a more in depth class system with actual class abilities. after that. i would like to see more classes as well.

Lazarus78
    Participant

Their is a ranger set that gives melee damage boost… I am a warrior using a bow 90% of the time. Classes are basically only in name at this point.

That said, I’d love to see an offensive based melee class. Maybe using spears land halberds for added range. Maybe actually be able to hit flying targets for a change.

Chemhound
    Participant

Until the actual three classes in game are mode unique and have something that really set them apart, a fourth right now isn’t really needed.

Be nice to see Warriors with a Shield they can use to block or bash with.
    Mages being the only spell casters, and using the same hotbar mechanic as Potions/Sharpening stones.
    Rangers with a charged shot or extended damage locking.

And above all, more unique and varied talent trees.

Sherman
    Participant

So I really like the fact they give some good options here on faces choices and what not but feel there needs to be more.

1. More options in character looks to maybe give players the option to define them selves racially like elf ears and height to make a dwarf like character could add to the more fantasy fans out there.

2. Classes are great but what about a advanced class that the classes upgrade to such as Warrior becomes a knight, barbarian, or Paladin. This could be explained in the class selection as something you grow into.

3. Just over all more options in the things lacking stuff like ears, mouths and such to just give more options. This way players feel different when playing with others.

These things I think would help to improve the game to make choices in what you could and what players want to play in an RPG other then that I like the idea behind this game and support it 100% and more thank you.

Nzae
    Participant

Concur with this, see my suggestion as I state some of the same things with a slightly more developed idea. 🙂

Pierates
    Participant

I think it’s lovely that u take suggestions from the community, making them able to share their creativity!
    I also have some stuff that could be changed or be added. It may be possible that some of these have already been suggested by the others of this community but I don’t have the time to read ALL of it. I hope that’s okay!

Creating your Character
    I am liking the character style but there aren’t really much options,
    what I think that would be nice to have added is that:
    – Preset Head shapes.
    (People are able to choose different type of head shapes like more masculine or more round)
    – More Hairstyles and Colors.
    (There aren’t that many hairstyles to choose out of, and some more colorful hair and more natural ones could be added too)
    – More Eyes and Mouths.
    (There are many ways you could add more eyes, have some with scars or different shapes. I think that the female mouths look a bit weird too)
    – Facial detail.
    (An extra option where you could add scars or any other (fun) things to have on your face.)

Example of a Character Sketch I’ve drawn: (Mage)
    Example made by Pierates

You can see that the eye has a wilder colour but also a scar on the side. There is also a different hairstyle thats a bit more spikey.

Classes & Armor
    I think that the current 3 classes are quite the nice option, as you can go a bit further with sort of sub classes later in the game.
    But what I’ve noticed is that the skills for the classes are pretty similar making them not so different from eachother.
    It could be cool that the classes that use the weapon made for their class get some sort of boost because a warrior could easily a wand. (If this hasn’t been implanted yet.)

One of the confusing things that I have with the armor is that I don’t know which one is specificly for which class. The Mage class is pretty noticable but later in the game it’s harder to see what armor is specificly for what class. So it would be nice to have a little icon or something next to the armor name to see for what class specificly it is.

Talking about the armor, I think that the armor designs that we currently have are.. Kind of plain. Especially for the mage class.
    As shown in the sketch image I’ve drawn more detailed armor which would be a lot nicer. As getting further into the game with awesome armor would be a win!

Inventory Gui & Weapons & Blocks
    The current layout of the inventory isn’t that bad. It’s just hard to find items. Maybe add a little search bar where you can find the items and recipes for them. I’ve also noticed that especially the mage doesn’t have that cool weapons. The archer and warrior have these awesome big weapons but I think that the mage could get a little bit more creative. (Image above for example)

The blocks in this game look really nice and some of them look too big, but It’s a shame that a lot of the decoration blocks are useless. Like you can’t sit in a chair or lay in a bed. It would be nicer if those things could be more usefull. Also that some of the blocks that you find like the minecarts or signs that you can actually have them as block! I also think there should be a bigger variety of blocks to build with. For example adding stairs and water.

Multiplayer
    I am guessing that the multiplayer will have a voice chat option, as joining a game will activate your microphone for a couple of seconds. But I think that it also should have a chat. As me and my friends can’t always talk and sometimes have to be quiet.

It would also be nice to be able to trade or drop items so thats it’s easier to exchange items with friends.

And of course, being able to teleport to different biomes without taking everyone with you. As some of us need to collect stuff while the others want to build.

Other
    Adding passive animals to the game would be nice, to have some sort of animal farm and also a food source.

I also think that it would be nicer if you were able to plant different trees and crops in different biomes. For example I have a farm in the first biome and I want it to look nicer, but I can’t add for example pumpkins or the nice red/pinkish trees. I also don’t know when they will or will not grow. Which is making me waste time waiting for them. Quite a shame!

Thank you for reading some of my suggestions, some stuff might be off because I have been quite busy..
    If I think of any more suggestions or I forgot to mention some then I’ll reply on this post. -Pierates

Pierates
    Participant

-It would also be nice if there were more vocal options for your character!
    There are currently only 2: Female and Male.
    But being honest the male one sounds pretty childish. It’s quite weird to have a masculine character with a childish voice haha.
    (Character Creation)

PK_CM505
    PK_CM505
    Keymaster

Firstly, thanks for your suggestions. Secondly… That sketch is absolutely AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. Would you be happy for us to feature your sketch across our social channels for #FanArtFriday?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by PK_CM505 PK_CM505.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by PK_CM505 PK_CM505.
    Vyror
    Participant

Since the games release on steam me and my friends have invested around 40 hours into it so far.

We all really enjoy the game and are looking forward to the future of it, so we wanted to give our say in ways to help improve.

Character Customization and Classes: Customization is simple and effective and gets the job done nicely; however, classes hardly have any diversity and kinda defeats the purpose. With everyone have access to everything I tend to forget that classes even existed beyond the slight change in stats or talents. unique recipes that only a certain class can use, or just a broader range of talents would be some nice additions.

Crafting: Crafting system is very nice and easy to understand. Would love to see the addition of being able to split stacks of items though, and a search bar or some faster method of scrolling through crafts.

Game play: Combat is enjoyable, as is building various things. Would like to see a little more difficulty though, and larger/more unique areas though to explore and build in.

Controls: Would like to see inverted options, also controller support would be a nice addition and could bring in a wider audience.

Hope you read my suggestions and keep up the great work on Portal Knights! 😀

RLMcNicol
    Participant

After playing as a Mage I came across a somewhat good/bad situation, where I was using my wand of staff to defeat an attacking enemy it would almost, without fail, destroy the few blocks it was standing upon, this was helpful for if I ever needed dirt but every other time it’s taking up inventory space and leaving ugly surface holes in my “home” area.

I don’t know if this is the same with the other two classes but it was kinda annoying having to fill in holds after every fight or delete all the dirt just to make more room in my inventory. Hopefully we can see this removed in the future.

Blacksun
    Participant

this weapon is really good. If you need to open a path or make a slide to the top of mountain.
    You just need to aim a little more.
    different kind of weapon is what make a good game
    The wand is fast whit auto lock
    the scepter do aera dommage

TheGentleWhiteWolf
    Participant

Eyebrows. As much as I love the little chibi characters, having eyebrows would add a more aesthetically pleasing appearance. Also, if there were different eyebrow options like straight, unibrow, curvy, caterpillar, small, long, dots, etc. Finally, if there was a slider to adjust the height/size of the eyebrows.

sheeblack
    Participant

I already depicted that mage is currently the weakest class…in order to fix it please low er the cooldowns and make those spells class specific. Id say a planetary strikt with 1 to 2 secs cooldown more damage ,being class specific and higher mana Costa world make sense

gzigzi
    Participant

Hello,
    I would like to see a bit more difference between classes, right now the only main difference is the main stats increasing a bit faster than the two others depending on your class

It might be a bit cooler if you could have maybe some “free point” that you could put where you need or maybe class locked items with specific stats/class bonus

Also add something like a block/parry to the war, and for the mage maybe make him go with mage lock spells stronger than the normal one but make his “auto” attack a bit weaker so its more a filler when OOM than a real attack

Adding a World Editor to make our own world or dungeon to run with friends could be fun, and we can make him a bit more challenging than the actual content of the game. I know there will be problems for the loot and everything but we can do like an actual boss world where you cant touch anything, just run the thing normaly, except you dont have loots

thanks for reading, sorry for my english and if you dont understand something, tell me ! 😀

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using our website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy.

Accept this cookie Find out more