February 15, 2018 at 1:40 pm #12667PK_CM505Keymaster
Hi everyone! Today’s an incredibly exciting day for the team here at 505 Games and Keen Games. We’ve just gone and launched our Portal Knights Adventurer’s Update on Steam, which is crammed full of incredibly exciting new content, most of which has been requested by our wonderful community. Want to know more? Keep reading…
* Island “Fort Finch” (1-03) is now a town filled with quests, new NPCs, merchants and details to discover
* A new type of merchant sells mannequins. They can be placed anywhere and equipped with the player character’s armor and weapons to show off the equipment crafted and found during the journey. The merchant can be found in “Fort Finch”.
* A new NPC type allows changing the appearance of the player character.
* Some NPCs can be picked up and be relocated to any location now.
* Several new props for home decorations have been added, including bath room furniture, cage doors, potted plants and awnings.
* A new “sit” emote has been added to the emote menu.
* Furniture can now be interacted with. The player character can sit on chairs, thrones, benches etc. and lie down on beds etc. When lying down on a bed, the time will speed up.
* A Water pump and a drain are available now.
* Pets can now be placed in pet homes. The pet homes can be purchased at Funny Jongo and once placed the pets can be allocated to the new home. The pets will freely roam about in the vicinity of the home.
* Several new weapons and weapon variants have been added.
* Enemies now take more damage when being attacked from behind.
* Crystals now have seedlings just like plants and can be grown in their correct biomes.
* Dedicated servers are available now. Players can setup their own, self-hosted servers to play asynchronous together with friends.
* Steam cloud saving is available now.
* A new type of epic chests spawns at the end of dungeons, containing special weapons which are unobtainable in any other way.
* NPCs can now be found in the island information on the map. They will list name and type as well as display whether they are relocatable or not.
* Loading screens now show gameplay tips.
* The tutorial now uses NPC’s in addition to info boards and quest texts. This should help new players getting all the info they need for a smooth start into the game. In order for the new NPCs to appear, the island needs to be regenerated.
* It is easier now to escape from dangerous combat if the player chooses to do so. Enemies will give up the pursuit and return back home after some time.
* The player should be less likely to get mobbed by enemies (aggro distances have been reduced).
* The weapon progression has been re-worked. Players now have more choice of weapon type per player level and the progression is now better aligned with the player progression through the islands and the crafting materials found on the islands.
* Flying enemies are now closer to the ground, making it easier to fight them, especially for melee players.
* Combat with water enemies has been polished. Some situations have been made a bit easier, especially dealing with groups of Rumble Jelly and the Bub-Utan mages. Rumble Jelly have less health now and deal less damage. Self-heal has been nerfed for the Bub-Utans. All water enemies have been slowed down to match the walking speed of the player underwater.
* Enemies with ranged attacks rotate more clearly into the direction of the attack now before shooting the projectile.
* Attack and evade queuing has been improved. Additional attacks, using of consumables or evasion moves can be queued earlier now. When several different actions are queued, the evasion move will be prioritized before other actions.
* When evading, you can now roll up 1-block elevation changes
* The UI has been reworked on a technical level which improves the overall performance and stability of the game.
* Dungeon chests, bosses and enemies have been reworked to drop more interesting loot.
* Object highlighting shows more clearly now which object on the island can be interacted with. The type of interaction is now specified as well.
* The jump and fall animations of the player character have been improved.
* The island generation now makes sure that there are no holes on the tutorial island where player fall into caves.
* The building cursor turns red now when the end of the world has been reached.
* The flying enemies react better to shouts now.
* Loading times have been improved.
* Shell enemy spin attacks are now easier to evade.
* Projectile speeds for many ranged enemy attacks have been reduced.
* The character health and mana is no longer reset when switching islands or reloading the game.
* Island generation has been improved and should now cause fewer instances where buildings look out of place.
* Some sound issues have been improved.
* Water bombs work reliably now when thrown at water sources.
* The player character no longer blocks the projectiles from attacks of the Astral Totem scroll.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.