By Antonela Pounder @AnimatedAnt (Community Manager – 505 Games)
Welcome back everyone to another community blog. If you’ve been following our social channels over the past few weeks, you’ll know how busy we’ve been. Now we’ve finally found ourselves a bit of time to breathe, let’s take a moment to reflect…
Portal Knights is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One next month!
As many of you guys will know already, we’re launching Portal Knights onto PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this April in Europe, then in May in North America. Our community have been requesting a console launch for some time now so to finally make it happen is incredibly exciting.
Over the coming weeks, we plan to showcase what Portal Knights has to offer through a series of short community videos. We’ll be covering a bunch of areas, such as the RPG elements, combat, building, the worlds, environments, enemies and much more! Stay tuned for more info and be sure to follow us across our community channels to stay up to date with the latest. In fact, if you head over to our community channels right now, you’ll be able to check out some of the videos we’ve already uploaded. (Actually… We’d prefer it if you finished reading this blog first! ;))
Since our big announcement, we’ve noticed a number of popular questions posted across our forums and community channels. Let us take this opportunity to run through a few key points based on those questions…
• Portal Knights will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on April 28th in Europe, then on May 2nd 2017 in North America.
• Portal Knights will be launching on Nintendo Switch later in the year. Right now, don’t have a release date and we have no more information to share. As always though, stay tuned to our community channels for the latest!
• Interested in pre-ordering Portal Knights? Head over to our Official website for more info.
• Portal Knights will be supporting 2 player split screen, on both console and PC.
• Up to 4 players can play together cooperatively online! Oh… Just a word of warning though… Because anyone can terraform a world they’ve joined, we suggest you play with friends rather than strangers!
• With regards to technical differences, the PK team are currently in the optimization phases of the console edition, but we’ll keep you up to date with the latest on any differences between PC and console, should there be any at all.
• A number of players have been asking about bonuses for those already own a copy of Portal Knights on Steam. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer a discount for those who already own Portal Knights. We will however, be giving those who joined us during Early Access some bonus items, so watch this space!
Update v 0.8.0
Last month, we launched Update v 0.8.0. Our latest major update introduced a bunch of new features, bug fixes and changes to Portal Knights.
As many of you will know already, we’ve reworked the talent tree as part of our latest update. We also introduced armour / weapons level / class requirements and much, much more. In response to community feedback, we wanted to expand on the differences between each class and this is the approach we decided to take. We know these changes are pretty big and some of our community haven’t felt too comfortable with them, but as always we’re open to suggestion, so let us know on our forums or social channels if you have any cool ideas or suggestions yourself.
Update v 0.8.0 also introduced Thai and Czech support, as well as an all-new new Spring Festival event. You guys showed us nothing but love in response to the event, and we want to thank you once again for your awesome screenshots and videos. We love seeing our players get creative in-game, so keep on sharing!
What’s next in the pipeline?
Well… As you can imagine, things are crazy busy behind the scenes. We’re pushing hard for our PS4 and Xbox One launches, which are just around the corner. The team are also incredibly busy preparing new features and content for PC too – which includes the introduction of split screen and the ability for players to play on different islands within the same multiplayer session. There’s so much going on, and we can’t wait to show you more.
A BIG ‚Thank You‘
Let’s wrap up this blog by focusing on you guys, shall we?
This time last year, we had just launched into Early Access on Steam. We were venturing into the unknown and to be honest, it was pretty scary! We had no idea how players would react to Portal Knights or how much they’d contribute to the development of it going forward. Little did we know at the time how incredible you guys were going to be!
A year has passed and on reflection, we can honestly say that we’re so grateful and proud to have such an amazing community on board. You guys have been absolutely incredible throughout our entire Early Access experience and we hope you continue to stick with us. It means the world personally, as your Community Manager, to chat with you guys on a daily basis and listen to what you have to say. The feedback and suggestions you’ve given us over the past 12 months has made a huge difference and we cannot thank you enough.
On that note, enjoy the rest of your week and have an awesome weekend! 🙂